World class education hub
South East Queensland is home to some of the most prestigious private schools and universities in Australasia.
The Southport School – St Hilda’s School – Somerset College– Griffith University – Bond University – Southern Cross University – The University of Queensland.
Each year the Gold Coast sees an influx of about 15,000 international students to its universities, vocational institutes and language schools. Each year these students contribute some AUD$770 million to the local economy.
- • Ranked among the top 3% of universities around the world
- • Gold Coast campus boasts over 18,000 students, 20% of whom are international
- • AUD$150 million Griffith Health Centre opened in 2013
- • Located minutes from the Gold Coast CBD
- • Named Australia’s top university for student experience 11 years in a row
- • Bond University is Australia’s largest private university
- • Hosts some 4000 students, 36% of whom are international
- • Offers expedited courses
- • Located minutes from Robina Town Centre
Southern Cross University
- • Ranked in the Asia-Pacific’s top 100 universities and the top 150 universities in the world under 50 years old
- • The University has also been named in the Top 50 of Generation Y universities
- • More than 3600 students at the Gold Coast Campus, including 500+ international students
- • Rated ‘At world standard or above’ in 24 key research areas
- • Located next to Gold Coast International Airport and overlooking North Kirra Beach